Easy to Set Up & Use
Alexa Plays Nice with Any
Hopper, Joey, or Wally
Alexa connects with your DISH receiver to allow you to control your TV just using your voice. Connecting couldn’t be easier! Just follow the 3-step process below to get started.
If you don’t already have DISH service, view our packages HERE and sign up today to start enjoying Hands-Free TV™ and more.
Alexa Integration requires internet-connected Hopper® or Wally™ and Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap with Amazon account.
Before You Begin
To get started download the Amazon Alexa App
Enable DISH TV in the Alexa App
- Open the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device.
- If not already logged in, you will first need to log in using your Amazon account credentials.
- Select "Settings" from the side menu and then "TV & Settings"
- Scroll down and tap "DISH"
- Tap "Enable Skill"
Pair Your Internet-Connected Receiver with Amazon Alexa
- On your DISH receiver, go to Menu, then Settings, and select Amazon Alexa
(note: your receiver must be connected to the internet to pair with Alexa)
- Select Get Code from this screen
- Enter the code generated into the Amazon Alexa mobile app and select Activate
- You will see a confirmation message that Alexa has been successfully linked with DISH TV
- Go to the Alexa App and click “Done” and wait for your app to search for discoverable devices
- Select your Hopper receiver from the list and click “Continue”
- Next, select the Amazon Alexa device you would like linked to this Hopper receiver and click “Link Devices”
- Your Hopper receiver and Alexa-enabled device are now paired, and you can use voice commands to control your DISH viewing experience
Control Your TV with Your Voice
- Try saying things like “Alexa, go to Channel 140” or “Alexa, show me Tom Hanks movies”